Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't Blame Me, Blame Polimom!

I have had a cold for days now so although I have a couple of serious things I want to blog about, I think I'll just play tag with Poli, since she tagged me.. She's been such a good friend for so many years now that although I don't usually do this kind of thing, it's easier on my cold filled head than what I was going to write about.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


Fine, six random things about me. I'm pretty random so narrowing it down to six might be difficult.

1. I love the smell of jasmine on a humid summer night, corny but true.

2. I have given up dying my hair, let it go gray and am considering dreadlocks.

3. I pull the covers up over my ears at night for no reason other than I've always done it.

4. Mardi Gras Indian music can always put me in a good mood (I should be reaching for Wild Tchoupitoulas as I speak)

5. I have rescued German Shepherds for years and have the hair in my hallway to prove it.

6. My bicycle, which is my primary transportation, is covered with a motley collection of stickers.

Okay, so now I have to tag six more huh? Oh they're gonna love me.

I'll buy y'all drinks next time I see you.

TAG

Mark Folse at Toulouse Street
EJ at No It's Just Me
Maitri at the inimitable Vatul Blog
Morwen at Gentilly Girl
Greg Peters the Suspect Device (just to see if he'll do it and if he does it will be worth seeing what he writes as it will probably something you'll want to put your coffee cup down to read)
Charlotte at Traveling Mermaid (because I think she'll enjoy it!)

So many more I could have tagged, although if you've never read any of the above, you'll find a very diverse group. I'll leave it to these six to get to LisaPal and GBitch (whose blog seems to be down? Anyone know what's up with that?) and Liprap and Sophmom and Zombie and Oyster and Adrastos and Gloomy Pants and Loki and Ray and and and.

Okay, Poli, you happy?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! Yes, I'm happy now! Lookin' forward to the dreadlocks, too! You gonna post pix?

:>

Anonymous said...

Oh poop! I've become one of the usual suspects.

Though I have no idea what to do, I'll try and go along. Never really did this stuff.

BTW- we need to have drinks together. Been way to long...

Goldenrod said...

Good for you ... you played fair a whole lot more than I did! Hope you're feeling better.

Mark Folse said...

Not the comfy chair! (mumble rumble grumble takes me half an f'n hour to sign a birth card, how the hell am I gonna do this grumble rumble mumble).

For you, and Polimom, I guess I can do it though I have been so damned happy not to every get tapped for stuff like that (c.f. reference to signing birthday and retirement cards).

Mark Folse said...

Ok, ok, already. Oh, and Rebecca will be in touch. Something about "a box for me". I'm not eating any food she offers until I figure out what this is about.

Sam Jasper said...

"A Box for you?" No idea what she's talking about. "Bear," huh? I'll have to see that soft shoe one day. And given my list of tag-ees and yours, I think our bar tabs are going to be enormous. That having been said, however, I think we should submit an invoice to Polimom. It's all her fault anyway. If she wasn't so sweet and smart and talented and everything, we NEVER would have done this!

Anonymous said...

Oh, lordy. You must be the only person in the universe that still checks TM. But...yeah, I'll take the bait. Gimme a day or two.

Anonymous said...

The Spot will be back up...soon, I hope, somewhat later, I suspect. Server, domain, webmaster, etc. problems.